Upgrading Gentoo MythTV to 0.22

I recently upgraded a frontend to Mythbuntu 9.10 and got MythTV 0.22 as part of the deal. Rather than leap through the fiery hoops required to revert it back to 0.21 I decided to take the plunge and upgrade my other Gentoo-based MythTV backend and frontends to 0.22.

This was trouble free as upgrades go but I did encounter the UTF8/latin1 database encoding problem which requires a backup and restore of the MythTV database after changing the default encoding to latin1. Changing the MySQL server configuration is easy to do on Gentoo as all that is required is to rebuild MySQL with the latin1 USE flag.

My package.keywords now looks as follows;

   >=media-tv/mythtv-0.22 ~x86
   >=media-plugins/mythcontrols-0.22 ~x86
   >=media-plugins/mythgallery-0.22 ~x86
   >=media-plugins/mythmusic-0.22 ~x86
   >=media-plugins/mythvideo-0.22 ~x86
   >=www-apps/mythweb-0.22 ~x86
   >=dev-python/imdbpy-3.8 ~x86
   >=x11-themes/mythtv-themes-0.22 ~x86
   >=x11-themes/mythtv-themes-extra-0.22 ~x86

and my package.use has;

   dev-db/mysql latin1

posted by James Gemmell on Mon, 28 Dec 2009 at 10:36 | permalink | tags: , ,